Ray Trace Lighting Options

bjulius21

What are some of the best settings to incorporate with the ray trace options to brighten up the scene of an interior rendering? I have will incorporate pendant lights and can lights throughout but there always seems to be dark spots, and those dark spots grow significantly darker when they are printed out. I am just looking for some tips or guidance on how I can brighten things up for a quick ray trace. Thanks. 

18 hours ago, bjulius21 said:

Yes, I am familiar with that setting. My main concern is what I can do or how I can brighten up a room through a ray trace.

While Rich's answer will solve some things there is a lot ot getting decent interiors.

Search the forum for goodies- there is a huge thread that goes back a ways with tons of information on renderings.You find two threads with the search- oldest one is more about ray trace, newer one PBR goodies is about PBR and has some issues folks ran into with RT once PBR was offered. Note that the many (most) have switched to PBR.

In addition to adding extra lights sources, have you turned on Photo Mapping (select the "Advanced" tab in the Ray-Trace dialog box)? Also, try adding sunlight and manipulate it's intensity in the "lighting " tab in the RT DBX. Also, experiment with the Ambient Occlusion settings in the Lighting tab.