Looking for help with bay window settings.  See attached X10 existing conditions plan and marked up .jpg render. 

I am getting some odd behavior with the bay window angled side walls extending below the window seat.  These are inserted bay windows and I have played around with all of the settings but must be missing something.  I will probably just redraw these as a small room but wondered if it was something simple I am missing.

Thanks for any guidance.

Mike Dolce, Architect

1808EX_-_Copy.plan

Wilson-Res-Frontview-TEMP02.jpg

This has to do with the placement of the foundation wall that is under your brick veneer layer. You may need to fake the foundation info to get the 3d model to correct. Someone smarter than me might have a better solution.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, DougMaddox said:

Does anyone have an answer to this?  Same problem here on raised floor bay window.

Denny_Jr_Remodel.plan

It's not the Raised Floor Doug , your Bow window doesn't seem to have enough Depth , once I pulled it out a few inches it fixed itself.

The Bow Window automatically make the main wall a Pony wall which you need to set the lower wall to the Main Wall Type as well.

The Red circles are where you have some Broken walls and alignment issues too. (both sides of the house actually)

Edit: just found you have a 3"-4" high pony wall between the foundation and main wall on that side of the house too, and the Bow Window is in it it appears , not the main wall of the house.... 2nd pic.

Mick.

image.thumb.png.44cbf75f8b68cadc4cac3ea8f128c481.pngimage.thumb.png.f317ee5035fd74987c411b187af18246.png

26 minutes ago, DougMaddox said:

Thanks, Mick for the help.  A second eye always helps.

No Problem.....not 100% sure if it was the Ponywall causing the Issue or the Bow Window Depth in the End , not sure why the 4" high Ponywall was there and didn't notice it at first

M.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    edos301
    Newest Member
    edos301

• By ChiefArchitect
      Chief Architect provides Bay, Box, and Bow Window tools to make it easy to place these directly into your designs. You can also manually create protruding windows using walls and room definitions to control the details of the space.
    • By brookesdesign
      I'm trying to create this detail of a bay window and I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to do it.  If I could do an upside down hip roof on the bottom bay window with a raised floor.   I'm an advanced beginner so I appreciate any help!  

• By Doug_N
      I have a two-story building that I am designing and it has a bay window on the first and second floor that aligns with the first floor.  The first floor window has been replaced by a sliding patio door.  I can see no way of putting a door in the walls generated by the bay window option.  You may delete a window, or insert another window, but not a door.  

Is there a way to do this, other than to replace the bay window with discrete walls?
    • By TuckersDad
      Hi all,

I'm doing a kitchen reno and trying to add bumpout windows behind the sinks using the box window tool in CA x10. The bumpouts will be the size of a double casement window and will be 6" deep, i.e. like taking a 48"w x 48"h window and pushing it out 6", with the floor of the box raised 36" and the ceiling of the box lowered 18". I'm running into 2 problems:

1. Using the box window tool CA will only let me shrink the depth of the box to 8", even after removing the side windows. Do you know of a way to override this?
      2. When I shrink the depth to the minimum allowed and raise the floor and lower the ceiling, the side walls of the box extend down to the floor as seen in the screen shot. This only happens when the depth is shrunk to 8", if it's deeper than that then it works fine.

When I couldn't figure out how to fix this I tried building the box window manually and ran into a similar problem. I can build a box window that's deeper than I want but when I shrink it down to 6" depth the box window becomes "absorbed" into the main room and the walls extend to the floor. Any suggestions on how to build these bumpouts?

Thanks,
      Gary
    • By TuckersDad
      Hi all,

I'm doing a kitchen reno and trying to add bumpout windows behind the sinks using the box window tool in CA x10. The bumpouts will be the size of a double casement window and will be 6" deep, i.e. like taking a 48"w x 48"h window and pushing it out 6", with the floor of the box raised 36" and the ceiling of the box lowered 18". I'm running into 2 problems:

1. Using the box window tool CA will only let me shrink the depth of the box to 8", even after removing the side windows. Do you know of a way to override this?
      2. When I shrink the depth to the minimum allowed and raise the floor and lower the ceiling, the side walls of the box extend down to the floor as seen in the screen shot. This only happens when the depth is shrunk to 8", if it's deeper than that then it works fine.

When I couldn't figure out how to fix this I tried building the box window manually and ran into a similar problem. I can build a box window that's deeper than I want but when I shrink it down to 6" depth the box window becomes "absorbed" into the main room and the walls extend to the floor. Any suggestions on how to build these bumpouts?

Thanks,
      Gary