mdarch47

Looking for help with bay window settings.  See attached X10 existing conditions plan and marked up .jpg render. 

I am getting some odd behavior with the bay window angled side walls extending below the window seat.  These are inserted bay windows and I have played around with all of the settings but must be missing something.  I will probably just redraw these as a small room but wondered if it was something simple I am missing.

Thanks for any guidance.

Mike Dolce, Architect

1808EX_-_Copy.plan

Wilson-Res-Frontview-TEMP02.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, DougMaddox said:

Does anyone have an answer to this?  Same problem here on raised floor bay window.

Denny_Jr_Remodel.plan

It's not the Raised Floor Doug , your Bow window doesn't seem to have enough Depth , once I pulled it out a few inches it fixed itself.

The Bow Window automatically make the main wall a Pony wall which you need to set the lower wall to the Main Wall Type as well.

The Red circles are where you have some Broken walls and alignment issues too. (both sides of the house actually)

Edit: just found you have a 3"-4" high pony wall between the foundation and main wall on that side of the house too, and the Bow Window is in it it appears , not the main wall of the house.... 2nd pic.

Mick.

image.thumb.png.44cbf75f8b68cadc4cac3ea8f128c481.pngimage.thumb.png.f317ee5035fd74987c411b187af18246.png

26 minutes ago, DougMaddox said:

Thanks, Mick for the help.  A second eye always helps.

No Problem.....not 100% sure if it was the Ponywall causing the Issue or the Bow Window Depth in the End , not sure why the 4" high Ponywall was there and didn't notice it at first

M.