Hi 

I am trying to build  (CA premier 10) a gable roof over garage similar to gable over bedroom .. the garage is 7' high 24 ft wide main house is 8' high.  I have tired auto build as well as manual build roof planes but noting seems to work. I have  edited roof directives.. would the garage be too wide for a gable roof with  3 / 12   pitch

any suggestions?5bd9d21fa8812_roofproblem.thumb.JPG.f9b601a3aeed13f235ff1b4f864d780e.JPG thanks 

CA Premier 10

20 minutes ago, decorators3 said:

but noting seems to work.

What's not working?

Auto build should put some type of roof over the space, as long as Roof Over This Room is checked.

Like this?

ct1.thumb.jpg.5f30828b6784d1ae09351c5f22ce0144.jpg

This, I think, would be a more natural design.

ct2.thumb.jpg.cd5d5e5cce9c0cd409e35e16af7520dd.jpg

Yes I agree with you ... had already sent that design to the client earlier this morning.  she was asking about changing it to gable but i was having such a difficult time in bringing it together that I will take your advise and veto it .

Thanks again!

Levina

Don't forget about "gable/roof line" and gable over window(s) and door(s) options...

6 hours ago, decorators3 said:

Yes I agree with you ... had already sent that design to the client earlier this morning.  she was asking about changing it to gable but i was having such a difficult time in bringing it together that I will take your advise and veto it .

Thanks again!

Levina

Is this an Existing "Garage" you are converting to living space ?  curious as it is only 10' deep and I don't see garage Doors. You would have an option for the Gable if that is the new Addition though.....

image.thumb.png.a97ca3ca80e4726978fb7d3ee7369f92.png

Hi

No it is not a new addition.. It is a current garage that she wants 8 ft added on to so it now ill be 24ft wide.  I'm only redesigning  the facade so was not too concerned about thr dept at the moment ///

27 minutes ago, decorators3 said:

Hi

No it is not a new addition.. It is a current garage that she wants 8 ft added on to so it now ill be 24ft wide.  I'm only redesigning  the facade so was not too concerned about thr dept at the moment ///

Ok , but the Depth could alter the look completely , it wouldn't look like Eric's Render either.....

M.