Pocket Door Size?

HisBuildersLLC

Hello all,

I'm using the schedules in chief to get RFQs from our suppliers and so far it has worked great, I'm able to go in and manipulate the information displayed to show our supplier exactly what he needs to see to give us an accurate quote... When it comes to ordering our doors though, I've hit a little snag. We order our exterior doors with the framing lumber and the interior doors later... except pocket doors. We let to get the pocket door casing with with our framing materials.

So here is my problem, chief is drawing the pocket doors with a "swing direction" and it is assigning identical doors different numbers in the schedule, I'm afraid that this might cause unnecessary confusion to our supplier. (Pocket doors are reversible, and shouldn't necessarily have a direction assigned to them.) I want to know if there is a way to remove the 'L' or 'R' direction from the automatically generated size?

Here is an example (see attached screen shot), in the home we are building we have 6 identical pocket doors, but on the schedule four are assigned the number 'D02' and the size '2868 L', and two are assigned the number 'D03' and the size'2868 R'. They are all the exact same door, right? I'd like them to all have the same assigned number and size regardless of which wall it slides into, just to avoid confusion down the line.

A pretty trivial issue, but I'd like to find a solution. Any thoughts? Anything obvious I'm missing here?

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 8.26.45 AM.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    AshleyH
    Newest Member
    AshleyH

• By MarkMc
      Updated 2/28-added cabinet doors into schedule-one on it's own floating and example of it on a cabinet.
      Changed the corbel procedure-instead of specifying the symbol should be "inside" the cabinet I now embed the "holding cabinet" into where the corbel goes. This allows proper vector and watercolor views. Revised plan attached

I finally found a way to get millwork into the cabinet schedule without using architectural blocks. Problem with blocks is the dimensions read based on orientation in the space and not on the object.
      It's a bit of a futz at first but I'm happy. Once set up the stuff can live in the library.
      Place the millwork in a new plan, convert to symbol _CABINET DOOR instead of millwork. You will have to work with the origin and stretch zones. Origin will vary if it is going in as inset or trad overlay.
      Then place a cabinet, futx with the dbx (most need to have opening for back and both sides) In 3d vector view I change the sides of the cabinet to "opening no material"
      Once cabinet is done save to library- can later add a different millwork door to it to save work.

Plan shows a schedule, two millwork "doors" and a couple of cabinets using them for reference. Open all dbxs to get the idea. (no not doing a video)

I also placed at the bottom of the plan what I've been doing to get moldings, loose accessories, touch up kits, toe kick etc into the cabinet schedule. These are also saved to the library for reuse.
      The Text callout is placed once and copied. Dimensions can be adjust to read properly but the quantities are off so I put that into the label.
      Bracket sch.plan

• By rfantclt
      I have a commercial project - historic hotel renovation & addition. My plans are set up with finishes, walls, etc., based on CA library of materials.  I want my Room Finish Schedule to use generic descriptions such as "cpt" for carpet, LVT, PCT, HDWD (hardwood floors), etc.  What is the best way to over-ride the materials I selected in defaults?

Rebecca Fant, AIA
      Charlotte, NC
      rfant@archmatters.com
      x12
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Could someone help me out to add a custom column heading to a schedule so that I can add some text to that schedule? 
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      I was wondering is there a way to rename a symbol so that the name appears in the schedule will be as required rather than the CA symbol name. eg. 2 way ceiling register, I want to rename it as supply air to reflect in my schedule. Is it possible? Any suggestions how i can achieve that?
    • By wazzubrad
      I am looking for a solution on how to insert schedules into Layout. I have tried converting the schedule while in a Plan to a Cad block and then inserting into layout by Copy/Paste, but this deleted the Note # specific to each line item and I would then have to manually add them for each line item on the layout page.

Here is a picture from a Chief layout where I have blue circled the schedule showing that Chief has inserted it into layout. Any ideas?