Wall Elevation Not Showing Extents In Layout

Richard_Morrison

SOME wall elevations are showing the side wall extents in Layout, others are not. See example attached. The dining room looks good before I send it to Layout, then the wall line disappears. The bath next to it in Layout is okay. (BTW, the layout window is oversized to be large enough to include the side line.) These two views have exactly the same layer set. Any idea what might be going on? ("Room" layer is turned on in both.)

post-214-0-32799000-1409180631_thumb.jpg

post-214-0-56640000-1409180648_thumb.jpg

SOME wall elevations are showing the side wall extents in Layout, others are not. See example attached. The dining room looks good before I send it to Layout, then the wall line disappears. The bath next to it in Layout is okay. (BTW, the layout window is oversized to be large enough to include the side line.) These two views have exactly the same layer set. Any idea what might be going on? ("Room" layer is turned on in both.)

I find that this happens a lot. It's very random and frustrating. Just add a cad line in the layout if you want.

Richard, BTW, I have found that many times when you have this situation, you can do view to cad with the elevation and it will look okay and then send that to the layout. Either way, when you have this problem, there's extra steps to do to make the elevation look correct in the layout.