Cabinet Molding not holding the specified material color when adjacent to a different color cab.

Cheryl_C_Crane

I searched this forum for the answer to this, please accept my apologies if it has already been discussed. I would think that this has happened a lot.

I have a tall pantry cab 24"d of a grey color next to a Wall cab 12"d in White. I can't seem to have 2 different molding colors - which is what our customer wants.  Please see the attached file and screenshots. The young men that are remodeling this  home for sale want renderings to use in the listing. Of course, there is no problem ordering the molding materials. It renders correctly in 20-20 (UGH).

Cleveland Modified BPR 2.jpg5ba024528e98e_InkedClevelandModifiedBPR1_LI.thumb.jpg.a33cfb9b2402c82e89503a6691c3acf2.jpg

Cleveland Modified Kit.zip

Grey Molding Specs.PNG

16 hours ago, solver said:

See if this helps.

Eric's trick of copying/renaming the molding seems the most elegant solution. Plus, it's an interesting tidbit that gives some insight into how Chief works, which may be useful in other situations.

30 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

If you just change the molding height on the pantry by 1/16" up or down it will disconnect from the other molding and it will be treated individually. No one will notice the slight 1/16" position change.

5ba113177fe9c_Untitled1.thumb.jpg.241659c128a9b599d31c60dd4ec07a06.jpg 

Perfect & EASY!

It's my understanding that CA engineers are working on a way to have cabinet moldings go on more like the real world and the schedule show the totals for each profile and color. Hope so.

Thanks for all who responded!