Column location issue

Rpadge

Yes there seems to be an unaddressed issue with 2D Cad Blocks when an x or y origin offset is used with the symbol.

Maybe one of the symbol guru's could comment as I am not sure that we should need to monkey around with the cad block for a situation like this.

However in this particular situation it does not seem to be necessary to use the offset when the columns are manually placed. ?

1 minute ago, solver said:

For columns like this, I would typically place one in plan, locate it, then Copy/Paste in Place, and Point to Point to move into position, or select multiples, Copy/Paste, then Reflect About.

Yes I think that would be standard operating procedure for most users. It is possible that those tools are causing corruption as I have been experiencing items staying highlighted after using those tools.

4 minutes ago, solver said:

The odd thing is there is one column that is correct and unaltered.

Did you find one in Robert's file other than the one he pointed out ?

6 minutes ago, solver said:

cannot remember ever changing a symbol offset, on this or any other symbol.

From time to time I have found isolated instances of a mismatch between the 2D Block and the 3D symbol and have had to manually change the relationship of such symbols. I do not know if this applies to this post but I wanted to back up Chopsaw in as much as it has occurred in the past and does work in such cases.

DJP