Adding canned CAD details to Layout pages

Evolution

(SOLVED) by adjusting printer quality, to BEST and Setting to Black and White

To save some time, I have saved PDF files from years of projects, of CAD details that are not available through CA.   I've added them to my layout page of details, via imported PDF.  But, printing a check page, the details are not clear nor the notes.  I guess there is no way to clean these up. I was trying to get the check set into the Code officials hands next week for his comments. Trying to get this project started out of the ground before winter, now that I have City counsel approval.

Canned CAD details.PNG

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

I have had some success converting scanned PDF's into PNG files and importing into chief which improves the quality and somehow chief seems to be able to handle the files better.

Quality improved by setting my printer to "Best" and by checking print Black and White.

Thanks

Edit->Preferences

Basic Tools - "use fixed resolution for snapshot tool images"

I believe default is 72pixels/inch, I use 300ppi.  I do have to reduce size when importing but am much more pleased with the quality.

I have also done the print PDF to png trick above, and there too, I increase the resolution of the virtual print.

• Upvote 1

What if you have changes? for me I spent a few days importing as dwg or dxf and fixing them up using chiefs cad tools so they can be changed.   Over the years they all change so be ready for it. Once done , easy to work with

4 hours ago, madcowscarnival said:

Evolution, I assume you are opening the detail and copy/pasting into CA?  You might change the resolution of the capture tool in (say Adobe Reader) so when they are pasted into CA, they are much higher resolution.

Never thought of that. thanks

4 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

What if you have changes? for me I spent a few days importing as dwg or dxf and fixing them up using chiefs cad tools so they can be changed.   Over the years they all change so be ready for it. Once done , easy to work with

Perry, you are WISER than your years!!!! I never have enough time, now, as a Senior PM for my company, and wearing other hats and aprons! I just happened to have saved all these files over the years of working for other co's., and suffice to say the older I get the lazier. I did get them to improve by selecting B&W for printing and the highest quality my 1220C will produce.   Once code has signed off on them, and I make corrections, I will send them PDF over to the printer for better quality.  I forget what is the better size to print them when doing PDF? 

Thanks for the great help and advice!