Camera view problem

Aamir77

Hi folks,

I was using chief architect x9 for the last several months. Meanwhile, I had to change the hard drive of my Pc.

On the new drive after installation, I am stuck with a strange problem. I do not see anything in standard camera view except the backdrop even a 4 walled room looks invisible. Whereas everything looks fine in the orthographic overview and orthographic floor overview.

If I select the room randomly clicking on the backdrop in standard camera view, room selection lines do appear. I tried to change the default settings of the camera but no result, I tried to tweak the preferences and here, if I uncheck the USE ENHANCED LIGHTING option in RENDER subfolder, a dark room shows up in standard camera view  like the one I attached with this thread as a JEPG image. Please guide me step by step where is the problem keeping in mind that I am a novice.

Thanks in advance.

Untitled 1.jpg

2 hours ago, Aamir77 said:

if I uncheck the USE ENHANCED LIGHTING option in RENDER subfolder,

You must now be using X10 now instead of X9, correct? X9 has no "enhanced lighting" setting and no PBR render engine. You are going to have to be a little more specific and detailed about what software, what precise camera tools you are having difficulties with.

You should add a "Signature" to the lower left-hand area of your posts 

and also tell us about your new PC hardware set up. All of this kind of data is relevant to helping you with useful answers.

DJP

• Like 1

Thanks, I have updated the program version in my signature which is chief

architect x9 

build 19.2.0.39x64

I do have the " Enhanced Lighting " option in my program.

I am confronting problems in Camera Standard view though I have double checked all the layer sets are check marked like rooms, walls etc.

In camera view set I am unable to find anything on my computer screen except in the case I have written above.

One more thing to be revealed is whenever I hover my mouse orbit camera over that blank screen or (backdrop image) in camera view X, Y and Z positions of that camera also change with the mouse movements in right-hand side lower corner of my Pc's screen. It seems like there is a 3D model of my floor plan which has become invisible.

17 minutes ago, Aamir77 said:

One more thing to be revealed is whenever I hover my mouse orbit camera over that blank screen or (backdrop image) in camera view X, Y and Z positions of that camera also change with the mouse movements in right-hand side lower corner of my Pc's screen. It seems like there is a 3D model of my floor plan which has become invisible.

In plan view and also in camera views, all particles have an "x-y-z" location, there is nothing "hidden or invisible". That is how virtual space is parsed.

DJP

38 minutes ago, Aamir77 said:

Thanks, I have updated the program version in my signature which is chief

architect x9 

build 19.2.0.39x64

I do have the " Enhanced Lighting " option in my program.

I am confronting problems in Camera Standard view though I have double checked all the layer sets are check marked like rooms, walls etc.

In camera view set I am unable to find anything on my computer screen except in the case I have written above.

Thank you, I looked in m X9 and I had forgotten that Preferences does have that setting, though it is not important to your particular problem. It may be a short fall with your video card or the software drivers for your video card. There is a webpage that states "Minimum Requirements" for hardware to support Chief Architect, check it out against your PC: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02761/chief-architect-minimum-system-requirements.html 

DJP

It's the same PC I was using Chief Architect quite happily with, just changed the hard drive and installed the new window. So "minimum requirements" issue does not fit in my case and I have upgraded the storage capacity of my hard drive only.

Have you checked to make sure your video card is actually being used by Chief Architect? 

1. A new install may not have picked that up.
  2. Your video card control panel may not be set to over-ride the built-in video.

Since you installed a new hard drive you also must have a new version of the OS.  It's very likely that your system just isn't using the video you think it is.

A good news is I am back on my previous machine and problem solved. In fact, I was relying on the information of automatic graphics card driver updates by the windows OS which was showing me that my graphics card was up to date whereas the case was the other way round, I have just downloaded the latest updates from the OEM site and its working smoothly now. Thank you all those who tried to assist.