Glass Wall Type Definition

SNestor

Wondering what I've done with one of my wall definitions...and how to fix it.  The "Glass Wall" type definition has "tempered glass" selected....but, when I draw the wall in plan the material is "drywall".  If I open the wall spec DBX...and go to the materials tab, the material is shown as "drywall".  If I then select the material and go to the library and select use default...the material changes to "tempered glass"...like it's supposed to be.  

So...what have I done.  I know it's a setting I've screwed up because if I open an stock Chief template and draw a "glass wall"...it works perfectly.  So...I've changed something that is controlling what is happening with this wall type.

Attached is a screen shot...not sure if it helps to clarify the problem or not; 

5b3837505cb6b_GlassShowerWallDef1.thumb.png.a2151f97fd34faecdff007f1dcbcc42f.png

Glass Shower Wall Def 1.png

Steve,  I believe the wall 'material' will override the wall type spec and it happens 'per wall' meaning you can change the wall material for each wall even though the wall spec dbx shows another material. This usually happens when using the paint brush to paint a new material on to a wall and once you do 'that' wall will remain with the new material. For example you can paint your glass with drywall material and that will override your glass material - for that single wall. It should not effect any new walls drawn with your default glass wall spec but Chief can do some magic stuff sometimes.

Joe's suggestion will most likely fix the issue but to get to the cause I would make sure your glass wall has glass spec'd both in the wall spec dbx like your pics show AND the material dix for that wall's material. Draw a new wall with those 2 items as  glass and see what you get. If you still get drywall then that's over my pay grade. Good luck...