Sign in to follow this  
DaliaSassoon

a few questions

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am fairly new to the x10 premiere and I have a few questions please

 

1. When I try and use the exterior painter to keep the stucco texture of an exterior wall, but change the color (keeping the roller icon checked), it won't keep the stucco texture.  It just appears in Camera view as a plain painted surface.  The stucco colors through the library browser are limited so I would like to have the option to add my own colors.  

 

2. When I add a wall niche to an interior wall, the inner sides of the niche (top and bottom) sometimes appear as wood.  why is this and how do I avoid it? (niche above bathtub on left in attached image)

3.  I used retaining walls as a step to create different levels in a sloping backyard but when I put a perimeter retaining wall with a fence above it, the steps (terrain retaining walls)  tried to reach up and connect to the fencing.  Is there a default setting that stops walls from extending to connect automatically to each other? I ended up having to shorten the length of the steps far enough so they wouldn't end near the fence but it left a sloping gap on the side of the terrain betrween the step and the fence. (image with fence attached here) 

 

4. How do I set the default wall and floor material regions to be something other than subway tile?

 

5. And finally, I had a wall on this blue stucco house below, the wall with the black metal door changed from blue stucco to the default beige and would not change back to blue even when I opened the wall specification box and when I tried the material painter. Couldn't figure out why.  

 

6. Can someone tell me why my default wall build gives me this strange line in the middle of my wall with a contrasting paint color? (see photo below)

 

Thank you from a newbie! 

TAMIR ADOREE VIEW 11.jpg

TAL SHELBURN VIEW 12.jpg

WEIRD LINE AND SHOWER DOOR INTERSECTION.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer to #4 is easy: Default Settings>Material Region>Floor Material Region>Structure>Edit. Make it whatever your want.

 

For the others, I suggest you post the plan - it will eliminate a lot of guesswork. And please fill out your signature with the version of Chief you are using.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaliaSassoon said:

6. Can someone tell me why my default wall build gives me this strange line in the middle of my wall with a contrasting paint color? (see photo below)

 

If you are referring to the horizontal band that runs through the shower controls then that is most likely a wall covering.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is also best to post separate questions with the topic in the subject line

 

helps keep the replies straight

 

and others can decide if they want to open the post and see if they can help etc

 

Lew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

 

If you are referring to the horizontal band that runs through the shower controls then that is most likely a wall covering.

Thank you.  I believe it is. I think I added it when I was trying to change the paint color in my interior wall defaults.  Now I need to figure out how to remove the wall covering in my defaults and I still have that question about setting a different paint color to show up on my interior walls by default.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaliaSassoon said:

Thank you.  I believe it is. I think I added it when I was trying to change the paint color in my interior wall defaults.  Now I need to figure out how to remove the wall covering in my defaults and I still have that question about setting a different paint color to show up on my interior walls by default.

 

Usually best not to insert your own text into a quote unless you change the text color which can be useful in specific situations.

Like if someone was to try to answer all of your original questions at once they could insert the answers in red after each question.

 

Plan Defaults is where you need to go 5afcaa53d264e_DefaultSettingsTool.jpg.585e0999eff110e2b02bceec362b272f.jpg and you can get to Walls > Interior Wall > Wall Covering and then Wall Type > Define > Wall Type Definitions and then select one of your Drywall Layers and double click to get to Plan Materials and edit the General Material color of the Drywall if you don't like the builders beige.  This seems to work better than adding a layer because that can cause other issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaliaSassoon said:

5. And finally, I had a wall on this blue stucco house below, the wall with the black metal door changed from blue stucco to the default beige and would not change back to blue even when I opened the wall specification box and when I tried the material painter. Couldn't figure out why.  

 

Some people will say never to paint a wall because it will eventually catch you some time and cause a problem like you have run into.

The important thing is to know how to fix it if and when it happens.

 

You can change the material back to the default ( first on the list in plan Materials ) or ( check box at the bottom of the DBX in Library Materials ) and then it should reset and do what you want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 2:28 PM, DaliaSassoon said:

 

2. When I add a wall niche to an interior wall, the inner sides of the niche (top and bottom) sometimes appear as wood.  why is this and how do I avoid it? (niche above bathtub on left in attached image)

 

I have not seen that before.  If it does not clear up by reframing the wall it could be a wall definition issue as I see it seems fine in the other washroom image you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.  I thought perhaps it had to do with material regions that I put on the wall but it didn't make a difference.  Will have to play around with it.  Thanks for all of your help.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Member Statistics

    28291
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    sarabaayt
    Newest Member
    sarabaayt
    Joined