Kansaschief

Seeking Designer to Complete Plans

Hello!

I'm seeking a designer to complete my new construction house design.  I rented Chief software over the winter so I could help my wife visualize the house we are budgeting for.  I am very happy with my results, but Spring is here and I'm too busy to finish.  I'd like a professional to complete the problematic areas and maybe add some curb-appeal. Aside from making myself comfortable with the design of the house, my end-goal would be to develop a plan from which I can perform some take-offs and render a framing plan to take to a truss company and a local framer.  I am very reasonable to work with. I need a verbal quote on the to-do list.  Wish-list will depend on remaining budget. 

To-do!

-Add high 14' ceiling in the living area. The roof raises when I add ceiling.

-Add high windows in living areas.  Clean up all windows (size, height).  I'm pretty window-design stupid. 

-Clean-up wall heights, floor thicknesses. 

-Add columns at porches.

-Add veneer to front of house and columns.

-Exterior design- dormers, siding, roof options or maybe some craftsman-style details. Maybe an accent wall section on the outside of the pantry area.

Wish-List!

-Provide some design options for cabinets.

-Hydronic floor heat in an elevated concrete main floor. If anybody has experience with designing these systems that would be a bonus.  (this has it's own design budget)

-Add split-level sunroom on south end. 

-Value-added design ideas are very welcome. 

-Basement bedroom egress design.

-Maybe add underslab plumbing, maybe electrical.

Thanks for reading.  Le me know if you are interested or if you have questions.  I might want to follow up with a phone call. 

Home_Design_20180312.plan

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

I can help you! Just give me a call at 210 744-7489.

Regards,

Charles

I can definitely help you with this.  Feel free to give me a call anytime and I can send you an example of my work.  Look forward to speaking with you.  Thanks.

On 3/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, Kansaschief said:

To-do!

-Add high 14' ceiling in the living area. The roof raises when I add ceiling.

- Assuming you mean a Flat Ceiling at 14'?

- Turn off Auto Roof Build  ( when you have ALL Roofs in the Plan Auto Built)

- Set Room Ceiling to 14' ( 168")

-Check Flat Ceiling over this Room

-uncheck use Soffit Surface for Ceiling

- Possibly change Ceiling Structure to 2x8 or 2x10 depending on Spans

- Lower Dining/Kitchen Gable end Window ( check in Overview , raising Ceiling forces it out the Roof)

- You'll need to lower your Window in the Living room Gable Wall too (see Image)

3.thumb.JPG.a973d6adcd6d573a2d3b2e2557c7336d.JPG2.thumb.JPG.65402fa9c825e4dc0ac6e25963676d69.JPG

PM me if things don't work out with one of the Other guys who have already posted above.

Mick.

I took a quick look at your project and put this quick video together of the outside...

A few observations:

Stairs need fixing

I would relocate fireplace to back wall

Relocate lower level bedrooms for egress.

Foundation needs fixed

Roof framing 

Back Deck similar to front porch???