DianeP

change spacing on board an batten

Using the adjust material definition tool,  I was able to change the width of the lap siding from 4" to 8" but can't seem to find a way to make board and batten 2' on center instead of 1' on center.  Any ideas of what I should do?

What b&b are you using?

If you don't have an entire house to do, a Material Region works for the battens. It cuts itself around windows, doors and roofs, so you can make one and use multiple copy, Transform/replicate etc to go across a wall.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the delayed response.  Went on to another project.  Thanks Eric and Mick.  I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have this forum with such willing and helpful people.  It and you rock!!!!

I was able to download Eric's but it was pure white with no lines.  I also downloaded and installed Mick's and saw there was 8", 10" and 12" available. All look very nice but I need a 24" and when I try to adjust the width it makes the batten to wide. Tried to find the .pat files and edit it in notepad, but didn't have any luck finding it. 

Here is the image the texture is based on. You can use it to create a new material.

I thought it would be included in the export.

5a7b30b464522_bandb24.thumb.jpg.e3f8d4a94990ad5cbb4ec44b15a3b9d8.jpg

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DianeP said:

Tried to find the .pat files and edit it in notepad, but didn't have any luck finding it. 

There are 3 in the ChiefSiding.pat file that you could use:  167, 168, and 193.  I believe the one Chief uses OOB is 167. 

• Upvote 1

...or more specifically...

Pattern.thumb.jpg.96e9836ddb6944631ab44e88bdbfde1a.jpg

NOTE:  Eric's answer was fine but I had already started posting.

• Upvote 1

oh I was looking through windows explorer to find it.  Thanks,  I will do this instead.  

YAY!!! its so rewarding when you figure something that confused you out.  Edited it in notepad and I am good to go.  Thanks for your great guidance!