40mstew

layer in between floors not showing

When I do a camera view, why doesn't the area I have highlighted in yellow show? What is it in the layer display options do I not have checked?

in between floors not showing in camera view.png

you may need to Build the framing too if you haven't already and auto framing is off....

M.

Often, using the All On layer set will let you see if it's a layer display problem.

Just make sure all the layers are really on in that set.

Post the plan file and I'll have a look.

Check the ALDO and make sure that EVERY Layer has a blue Check mark under Display for the ALL ON Set......I am thinking at some point you have turned off Rim Joists for example , since I now see Joists.

from what I can see in the pic your glass rail extends below the floor?

M.

Yes -- the shower wall needs to change. I used glass panels in a railing wall.

ct1.thumb.jpg.06855b00be295528da93cd192f95657d.jpg

Read up on wall definitions -- layers (exterior, main and interior), and the settings like I've shown.

ct2.thumb.jpg.25681787d93ffa7c2737ec43d0b500ca.jpg

when was the last time you built the Roof in this plan ?  It 's easier if you save the camera in the location you want people to look at ,so they can just open the saved camera.

also you have not done your Signature...so people don't know what version you are using and both x9 and x10 are now active......see my signature to do yours...

44.thumb.JPG.cb9e7403c326953bc346516bf25bbd66.JPG

Your glass rail is setup incorrectly , use panel style and set the panel as glass.....you also set the interior and exterior wall to glass ...should be drywall sso you don't see the framing

45.thumb.JPG.f40ac9422acc52c85874fa60bdd2ebad.JPG

X9. Played with the roof, will be doing a custom roof. don't like how chief builds the roof. Not sure what you mean by a signature. 

Will read  up on the wall defs. Thanks. 

I edited above while you responded....... your glass rail is setup incorrectly .... you have the wall material set as Glass.  see above

edit: forgot to mention to rebuild the framing after you fix the Railing...

46.JPG

4 hours ago, 40mstew said:

When I do a camera view, why doesn't the area I have highlighted in yellow show? What is it in the layer display options do I not have checked?

in between floors not showing in camera view.png

Check your wall type definitions. Some of your exterior walls don't have an exterior layer. Such a wall will not cover the floor platform.

Move "Stucco" layer up one, to the exterior layer:

5a5e7be571b9f_walllayer.thumb.png.a70dd6661801fea3b29e831046040c2c.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    slickrick1530
    Newest Member
    slickrick1530

• By SNestor
      Is there a way to show the hips/ridges of a roof either above or below using a reference layerset?  Am I missing something?  The edges of the roof appear (see pics) but the hips/ridges do not.  I've tried this with some of the Chief OOB templates...and I get the same result.  

Thanks...

• By YoderW
      Hello!

I'm working on a huge plan right now, and it's starting to run really sluggishly so I decided to take some time out to troubleshoot and clean up the file a bit. I've done a few suggested things (purge unused materials and CAD symbols, for example), and moved on to my layers. When I started the file, I imported all individual layers of the CAD file so I could work on the plan bit by bit, but it also resulted in a lot of unnecessary data being added to the scene. I'm trying to go through and delete all the layers I don't need or have finished with, but most of them won't let me. Some will claim there's still something on them despite nothing showing up when I hit Control+A, and others will switch to "Used in defaults," after I deleted everything on them. But I don't know what that means, and I can't figure out where in the defaults they're being used so I can turn it off.

The layers that claim they aren't empty when they should be are bugging me, too. Control+A, zooming out and dragging a box over the scene never select anything for me to delete, but they still say "in use." I may be able to provide a back-up if necessary, though I'm not sure my company will allow it and, again, it's a very large plan. Can anyone help?
    • By excelnow
      I am initiating a walkthrough  and all my Landscaping layers are not showing up. All the Layers are on in the plan view
      that I initiate it from but they are off in the walkthrough. What am I missing & how do I fix this?
    • By Designer100
      Pergola Ceiling framing issue when sent to layout page from Pergola -Framing Layout set.
      I send Working PLan View to layout sheet w/o pergola framing.

I send Pergola-Framing layer to layout sheet w, pergola framing and it automaticaly adds the framing to the working plan View floor plan. of layout. (How can I correct this issue). I put the 2x2's, 2x6's and 2x8's all on their own layer. Still cannot solve the isse. 

I would  appreciate any assistance with this issue.I was trying to get to client tomorrow for review.

Thanks,

Newell Cheatheam
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 
      Chief Architec x10
      Windows 10
      Pergoala -Framing Layer Set.zip

• By aHughJassDude
      So I don't know what the heck is going on here. I'm using several PDFs on my layout (like I've done many time before) and for an unknown reason the line weight on the PDFs are really faint when I use the Chief Architect Save as PDF option to print. The Preview and the Layout both show the line weights on the PDFs at the correct weight. It's only when I save out the PDF that it goe faint. Nothing else on the drawings change. The weight for everything drawn in Chief is good. The PDFs themselves have the correct weight when you open them. It's ONLY when I'm saving out the PDF that the line weight gets reduced on ONLY the PDFs. 

See the photos below. They demonstrate what's happening.

Here's what I've tried already with no change:

-Run in in both black and white
      -Save the PDFs to the Layout file
      -Toggle line weight on Layout on/off
      -Adjust DPI