Can Cad Details Be Exported/imported From Plans As A Folder?

zowie123

Hi all,

I know CAD details can be laid out grouped and copied to another plan but I don't see a way to export CAD details from one plan and import to another.  

Maybe this is why people keep them in a separate plan because they can't be migrated very easily?

Is there a way to do the above?

Thanks again,

Zowie

Yes, this is true, but that's a slow process, and when you want to edit one you have to resave.  CAD details exist for a reason,  We can export so many things, it seems strange CAD details aren't one of them.  I feel like I'm overlooking some way to move CAD details by bulk?  Anyone?

Keep your details in a "Details" plan & send them to all your different layouts from that plan. There really is no need to bring (import) the same detail into every plan that will use it. This method does require you to stay on top of your file/folder management though.

All of my main details are already in the layout, Done. All the others are in the lib. I just modify a detail as needed and I have many to choose from. Very rarely do I ever draw a cad detail as I have just about every condition already available to me. Nothing like a lib that has just about everything you need, but it takes years to get it just right.