wjmdes

ROOF-Rafters Bearing on I joists

I am trying to set the "roof baseline height" to bear on the I'joists of the second floor similar to the attached sketch.  Is this something I have to do manually, or is there a "checkbox" I am missing??

Capture.JPG

Do you have a good understanding of Roof Baseline Height?

Here I set the Rough Ceiling Height to 3" on the 2nd floor and auto built the roof.

ct1.thumb.jpg.e8c41046724d8b084a660cec79bd9955.jpg

I do most of mine manually.  But for auto roof to have a shot at this, you would have to make sure it has not birds mouth cut.

Capture 1.JPG

The problem with that is there is actually an 8' ceiling up there and rooms using kneewalls.  Bu that is the detail I am looking for.

You can set different ceiling heights in different rooms.  Set the area inside the knee wall at 8' and the attic area at 3".

Setting the ceiling height facilitates the auto roof build.

Once the roof is correct, turn off Auto Rebuild Roofs, and raise the ceiling height.

Once the roof has built, you have the proper Baseline Height, so you could use this when drawing manual roof planes.

ct1.thumb.jpg.41a921384336e4a58814b7ec181e1527.jpg

You need to build another floor and then do as described put you knee walls where you want them and inside of that area make the room 8' and then on each other side I make those area's 1 1/2" high to have an 1 1/2" plate ontop of the Ijsts and in your case with a double plate do the 3"