Nancy1431

Phantom cabinet

I have a cabinet that won't show up in elevation or cross section despite the layer being on.  Any suggestions?

Plan_2.plan

Edited by Nancy1431
plan file uploade

Please post the plan file, not the layout.

Either use a back clipped section OR change the wall the cabinet to no room definition (then the perpendicular wall doesn't show without a kludge (included) OR make the cabinet in the closet in two pieces- one that is in front of the wall and the other inside OR make that wall/opening out of psolids.

Second option included here. FWIW 30" deep is kinda cumbersome at that width cabinet.

Plan_fix.plan

12 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

This is one of the main reasons I almost never use wall elevations and stick mainly to regular cross section/elevation cameras and CAD masks...

Elevation with CAD mask.plan

I don't think you are using X9 :)

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I don't think you are using X9 :)

Oops.  Sorry bout that.  I'll see if I can maybe find a chance to fix that a little later.  

screenshot would like clarify it for the OP...I know what you mean though with the mask , I have not had this issue with a Wall elevation , they usually work well.

8 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I have not had this issue with a Wall elevation , they usually work well.

I personally run into this type of thing all the time.  Sometimes its not being able to see the cabinets in an adjacent room, sometimes its because a particular view needs to span multiple rooms, sometimes its because I simply want to display objects in the background—the list goes on.

Anyway, here are a couple of screenshots and a quick example plan for the OP...

5a28ee1f7e4e2_Mask1.thumb.jpg.2d55538ab20839a4fddfa66c2d27de4f.jpg5a28ee1e8b18a_Mask2.thumb.jpg.93c223e4a55e2fbdeed001e84cc93e8f.jpg

CAD mask.plan