lower rail on staircase

islandog

H

Im probably overlooking something really simple but after 2 hrs I thought I would ask.

i Im trying to add a bottom rail to a staircase and in the staircase specification tab  i don't see the Railing panel as it shows below. Goes right from Breakline to Newels/Balusters

Thanks in advance

JimS

1029-x9-stairspec1.jpg?1493237681

That's really odd.  I just tried Help->View Reference Manual and it gave me the pdf for the X8 Reference Manual with the correct stair dialog.  I can't explain how you might have gotten the wrong version.  You may want to try an uninstall/reinstall or you may want to contact tech support.

The bottom line is that you won't have all of those stair tools in X8.  You might want to consider going to X9 and if you have SSA it should already be in your digital locker.

4 hours ago, islandog said:

Yes version 8. The first screen shot I sent was from the reference guide in the help section in version 8. I would think it would associate the correct version when using the help guide.  

it sounds like you have gotten the X9 PDF Reference Guide File somehow ,  here is the X8 one and it's User guide too.....

chief-architect-x8-reference-manual.pdf

chief-architect-x8-users-guide.pdf