3D Cabinet Schedule a mile long

jlcDesign

Hey gang.  I love the idea that I can put 3D elevations or perspectives in my schedule (same goes for windows/doors), but when I do, the schedule is like three feet tall and skinny.  I called tech support thinking there must be a way to do double or triple columns so it stretches right to left as well, but they had no answers.  Am I explaining this well enough?  Any wisdom?  My only solution was to not use it, and what's the point of that?

I rarely use a cabinet schedule in the normal course of my work. I more commonly use door and window schedules. But I took a quick look at what you are speaking of and yes, 3D images take up a lot more space, add little useful significance but does offer a choice if you desire it.

On cabinets, you can actually have three schedules, one for each cabinet type and also these for each individual floor (schedule by floor). This tends to make each schedule smaller. 

I believe all you are looking at is that the "3D" cabinet feature is not your "cup of tea" nor is it anything I believe I would use.

DJP

Without a picture showing what the problem is, I can only make guesses.

I don't know if tech support explained this to you, but you can control the size of the schedule images by changing the column width.  If you select the schedule, you will get edit handles at the top for every column.  If you make the column width for the image smaller, it will also make the row heights smaller.  The only other way that I know of to control the row height is to change your text style to use a smaller font.

You can also make your other columns smaller by changing their widths.  Keep in mind that you can also change the column headers so that you can use shorter headers or abbreviations to make your columns narrower.  You can also remove any columns that you don't really need. 

Currently, there is no easy way to organize a schedule differently so that you can keep a large image and then have rows combine or wrap to avoid lots of empty space. 

Dermot,

Ideally, we would be able to create a "Graphic Legend" with a Cabinet Type (B1, B2, B3, W1, W2, W3, U1, U2, U3...)

Then in the Cabinet Schedule there would be a Column for "Cabinet Type".  We could use the Comment Field in the OIP for "Cabinet Type".

If there was a way of having more than one Schedule without duplicating Labels, the Graphic Legend could just be a 2nd Schedule.

This concept would work for Cabinets, Doors, Windows, Fixtures of all types, etc.

I think the simple way of doing this would be to have a radio button in the Schedule for "Suppress Labels".  That way you could have labels from one schedule but not another schedule of the same items.

Actually, after looking further at this concept - It basically works already.  This example isn't perfect but it shows the concept.59bc0b827f734_CabinetScheduleLegend.thumb.JPG.42fe58bfc01d5dd0eecab919a0632f82.JPG