habdou

texture on a curved surface

Hi all,

Does anyone know the best way to texture on part of any curved surface?

Something like the attached image...

Conservatory-2.jpg

Curved cabinet- make door panels-the attached has 0" overlay and 0" separation and 1/16" counter with 0" overhang.

Then every area you want to have a different texture needs to use a different door or drawer style. Slabs are easy since there are so many. This has 3 stiles.

Curved textures.png

39 minutes ago, habdou said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know the best way to texture on part of any curved surface?

Something like the attached image...

Conservatory-2.jpg

Just use a molding polyline with 3 different moldings.

Alaskan, I've done that, I thought there was an easier way.

Mark I will try your way.

Thank you all.

Mark,

Once I texture one door or a panel the texture goes on all doors. 

how did you manage to texture each slab with its own color?

see what i mean in the attached image.

ChiefTalk-02.jpg

2 hours ago, habdou said:

Mark,

Once I texture one door or a panel the texture goes on all doors. 

how did you manage to texture each slab with its own color?

see what i mean in the attached image.

ChiefTalk-02.jpg

On 8/31/2017 at 11:20 AM, MarkMc said:

Then every area you want to have a different texture needs to use a different door or drawer style. Slabs are easy since there are so many.

Specify a different door style for any that are another color Attached

Curved colors.zip

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    goshgolly
    Newest Member
    goshgolly

• By JennRob
      I accidentally deleted the floor surface from my layout of a building. It appears that the top floor surface is missing leaving the subfloor. I don't know how to add a new floor surface to the subfloor (walls are built and floor plan is otherwise complete).

• By decorators3
      Hi

I am creating a garden with curved fence,  Under Build I went to fencing then curved fencing - great no problem BUT  I have been trying to change the standard pickets to privacy fence.. I'm probably missing something really simple.. but I have been at this for over an hour.   

Any suggestions
      Thanks
    • By dbritti
      I just downloaded Wayfair's catalog of furniture but I found that when I apply a different fabric texture from the CA library it looks terrible.  It's as if the scaling is WAY out of line. Anyone else have this problem? I really want to use their furniture objects because the CA library is outdated, but they don't behave well.

Denise Britti
      CA X11
      MacBook Pro 
    • By MN_JohnH
      I am wondering if there is a simple way of aligning the custom tile in a custom backplash? In the attached drawing I have created two custom tiles for this hypothetical shower. The big tile is 24x24 and I would like to have it go 5' up on the wall and then have a 12" deco strip of 2x2 tile and then more of the larger tile above that to the ceiling. Problem is I want a full tile on the top of the 5' high lower part, (the half cut would be on the bottom), and then start with a full tile on top of the deco strip. And my deco strip is 2x2 tile, I made it as a 12x12 square of 2x2 tile and yet it doesn't line up as full tile on the top and bottom edges...
      Tile alignment.plan