Wall Line styles ?

Chopsaw

Is there some secondary switch somewhere in defaults or preferences that allows assignment of wall color, weight, style that is not by Layer for an individual wall in the Wall Type Definitions>Selected Wall Layer Line.  

It will show in the Wall Type Definitions DBX and carry through to the general Wall Specification DBX under the Wall Types tab but not the preview or plan view.

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

Is there some secondary switch somewhere in defaults or preferences that allows assignment of wall color, weight, style that is not by Layer for an individual wall in the Wall Type Definitions>Selected Wall Layer Line.  

It will show in the Wall Type Definitions DBX and carry through to the general Wall Specification DBX under the Wall Types tab but not the preview or plan view.

Are you possibly dealing with an invisible wall? 

Yes very annoying !!!!   And yes it is a bug or it would be grayed out and not work half way.  Have we not had several updates since December?  Or maybe The Chief did not read that one. Especially invisible walls.  They are most important and maybe not always a good idea to turn them off but make sure they have a unique linstyle and are not all the same or have to make duplicate walls just so they display different.  More than just a little annoying.

Many thanks for the verification.  I know just who to call.

13 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Can't you just create what you want and save the wall to the lib. for quick future use?, or am I getting the wrong message. I use several layers for invisible walls and walls not shown on the plan.

Yes there are likely several workaround that have been used and are convenient for some, but it would be nice to have the option to use it as it was designed and not get the confusing feedback of it appearing to work but not working.  Have you tried the STD Text spell checker recently.  How long has that been broken ?  The walls have been broken since at least X6.