I cannot get this shelf ceiling to behave. I have tried everything I can think of. The bathroom itself is vaulted. There is a water closet that also has a shelf ceiling but that one is perfect. I tried to match every parameter of that room to this one but nothing works. I have two ceilings to make things worse!!! ALso that horizontal band between the lower and upper walls just appeared as well!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!! Thanks.

Shelf Ceiling Issues.jpg

I assume that you are trying to create a standard flat ceiling in the bathroom versus the vault. If framing is not an issue then consider just using a 1/2" thick polysolid shaped to match the wall layout and suspend it to the desired height.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katienflack
    Newest Member
    katienflack

• By mserleth
      I would like to tile only half a wall with paint on the top half. I cannot find the tool, or know how to use a tool, to make this happen.
      Can someone point me in the right direction?
    • By CCOTEY
      Hello,

I'm new to chief architect and I'm having trouble with this tricky sloped wall. For some reason this weird cut out that reflects the shape of the stair railings is showing up on the ceiling. If anyone has recommendations on how to fix this please share! Thanks

• By rfantclt
      I have a commercial project - historic hotel renovation & addition. My plans are set up with finishes, walls, etc., based on CA library of materials.  I want my Room Finish Schedule to use generic descriptions such as "cpt" for carpet, LVT, PCT, HDWD (hardwood floors), etc.  What is the best way to over-ride the materials I selected in defaults?

Rebecca Fant, AIA
      Charlotte, NC
      rfant@archmatters.com
      x12
    • By Ak49GCD
      Hey everyone, I've been searching for an answer on this issue but can't figure it out. The shelves are not going into the wall niche, is there any specific reason as to why? I've adjusted the sizes both width and depth thinking maybe they were too large to go into the niche (even though the shelves are 1/2" smaller in each dimension compared to the niche.) Thanks for any advice.

• By LeeDrafter
      Hello,
      I need to calculate room square footages to give to our supplier to order flooring. I noticed when room areas are displayed along with the room labels, it is not calculated to the interior of the walls. Walls seem to be included, and some rooms seem to be different than others on how the calculation is done. Is there a way to adjust how these room calculations are done? Or do you have other advice on how to get this information for flooring square footages? The only options I have come up with so far are drawing a bunch of polylines in all the rooms or doing the math with the dimensions, and I was hoping for something easier. 

Thank you
      Lee- X12