Sliding cabinet doors

lizdion

A simpler way, make a copy of cabinet door you want in user library. Open symbol and offset the y origin, set depth stretch plane to 2" (anything outside the symbol). 

Place that as a door panel next to the same style door (unaltered) also set as a panel. 

11 hours ago, MarkMc said:

A simpler way, make a copy of cabinet door you want in user library. Open symbol and offset the y origin, set depth stretch plane to 2" (anything outside the symbol). 

Place that as a door panel next to the same style door (unaltered) also set as a panel. 

Away from my computer Mark but why the extra stretch plane.  I might be missing something and it's almost the same as your suggestion but I believe what I would do is this...

Make a copy of the necessary door symbol and rename it to something like "Custom Back Slider", change the Y origin (probably 1"), adjust the bounding box width to make it just a hair smaller (maybe 1/2"), and change the X origin to maybe 1/4"-3/8".  Changing the Y origin provides for the backset, adjusting the bounding box width allows the door to be slightly larger than the cabinet opening (usually necessary for sliders), and adjusting the x origin moves that larger door over a bit so you can space it from the cabinet box or even show the door in the open position.

Once the symbol is adjusted appropriately apply it to one of the doors.  Then make a copy of your new symbol and name it something like "Custom Front Slider", adjust the symbol to set the Y origin back to zero and apply it to the other door.  

To make slight adjustments to width or spacing, switch to a 3D view, adjust the X/Y/Z origin and/or bounding box settings of the appropriate symbol in your library and "paint" it onto your cabinet door (which will allow you to very quickly test your adjustments).  

Anyway, hope that helps.  

6 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Away from my computer Mark but why the extra stretch plane.

I do that as a matter of course when I don't want a symbol to resize in a direction no matter what. May not be needed here but I've done so many odd things with door symbols I often set a plane outside the symbol so nothing odd happens.