Auto Attic Walls - Yet another

jorgearaya

Just noticed that attic walls are not generating over one room with an offset, the wall generates up to the point where the offset wall starts, but, not where the room projects beyond and there's not a wall below.

The catch here is the room has no ceiling.

Catch #2, the roofs are "Curved" so the "gap" left is also curved, if I pull/drag the wall that generated, the bottom of it is not curved ;)

Both top and bottom should be curved.

attic wall.png

Had a chance to try a concept roof similar to the one having issues, all attic walls generated properly, without having to check additional wall settings.

Not sure why that other plan is having issues, but, will look into it when I get a chance.

Tried and tested several options without success :(, zipped the plan and sent it to Support, we'll see what is the issue with it.

A second issue occurred and it was also included in the support ticket.

The main room was also a "no ceiling" plus "open below" (not sure if that had to do with it). Next to that room there's a laundry room with "ceiling" selected, but, a portion of that room projects into the main room by about a foot and a half. (Well that foot and a half) loses its ceiling as well :o, even though it is an enclosed room. I must add that the "open below" does not fall over the projection.

Even after removing "no ceiling" and leaving "open below" that portion still loses its ceiling.

NO CEILING.png

8 minutes ago, jorgearaya said:

Tried and tested several options without success :(, zipped the plan and sent it to Support...

You might consider trying that same approach here as well.  I for one just skipped over this particular question because there's no way to give you an acurate answer without seeing a plan.  

Support replied today.

On the room projecting over the "open below" room their suggestion worked, basically one has to draw another room on top of the projection, of course one will also have to change all the settings for the structure so it shows as a finished floor/ceiling and make it invisible so it does not show in plan views.

On the missing attic wall, I am not sure they got it, I was able to create a new plan that generated the attic wall, but, my plan does not, their reply did not satisfy and or they did not look at it in depth.

I replied again with my test plan to show that it does generate the attic wall. we'll see... 

Room projection.PNG

Just to wrap up this thread

Support confirmed that there's a "bug" in the way Chief reads my plan, too many things happening around that area that it confuses the program.

I will also report the bug, just in case.

Thanks to all that tried.