Auto Place Outlets - Defaults

jorgearaya

Dave, I'm still alive, after a long battle... Thanks.

Did you notice that the APO does not change, unless you 1. Place an outlet on plan. 2. Save it to the library. 3. Select that outlet from the library.

I had changed the "Default" outlet from the Defaults Settings and noticed the "Bug", Basically I changed "Duplex" to AFCI/TR saved as default.

Then went to "AutoPlaceOutlets" APO and it placed the old "Duplex" not the newly selected Default.

There was no way to do it within the Defaults DBX.

If you can reproduce the problem, please consider taking a moment to send that in to tech support.  I too have experienced buggy behaviour when trying to change the default outlet type.  I've only had to deal with it once in X9 though and I ended up realizing I didn't need to change the default after-all and so I quickly forgot about it.  It should be reported though. 

I have found a few buggy things today with the door and window child toolbars. When I click on an item in the child tool bar it either sends me to the defaults or opens the DBX. I opened X8 and I get the DBX no matter what I choose in the window or door CTB.

That sounds like normal behavior for a double click on a toolbar button (under normal circumstances).

For a tool that can have multiple saved defaults (like dimensions or text - not windows or doors). there is a setting in Preferences (Edit Active Defaults on Double Click) which controls what type of dbx opens if you double click on a the tool.

If it is checked and you double click on a tool button that can have multiple saved defaults, the currently active saved defaults dbx opens.

If it is unchecked, the Saved Defaults dbx will open, allowing you to select a saved default.

Your problem sounds a bit screwier than that though as you say you are having problems with windows and doors, and you aren't double clicking.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:39 AM, glennw said:

That sounds like normal behavior for a double click on a toolbar button (under normal circumstances).

For a tool that can have multiple saved defaults (like dimensions or text - not windows or doors). there is a setting in Preferences (Edit Active Defaults on Double Click) which controls what type of dbx opens if you double click on a the tool.

If it is checked and you double click on a tool button that can have multiple saved defaults, the currently active saved defaults dbx opens.

If it is unchecked, the Saved Defaults dbx will open, allowing you to select a saved default.

Your problem sounds a bit screwier than that though as you say you are having problems with windows and doors, and you aren't double clicking.

Sorry Glen I deserve the dumb ass of the month award. I was double clicking but Chief 8 preferences where set of differently that Chief 9 on a different computer.

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.