Pocket Door Dilemma

tailoredhome

I have a set of plans from an architect and the homeowners want some significant design changes and also high quality 3D renders. (Thanks CA)

The drawings show several pocket doors where a wall is butting into the pocket door frame.I have never seen this and suspect there will be problems down the road.

Is this something you guy's have encountered? If so how would it be framed?

Thanks 

Unfortunately Chief's pocket doors don't frame correctly, you may have to do it manually. As for your problem, I'm not sure what you want to show. If you could show a picture of the problem, that would say a lot.

A pocket door with a wall intersecting it frame is a pita to frame but it can be done. Have had to do this more than once in homes I have framed.It is things like this that separate the craftsman from the average carpenter. 

As for showing it in chief it will have to be frame manually and I can't think it is worth the time it would take to do it.

Have a great week,Ken

• 2 weeks later...

typically I remove the 1x4 frame pcs and replace them with a full width 3/4 plywood piece , if needed in a situation like this , or I know the wall will have tile on it eg in a Bathroom or a cabinet against it.

M.