Dutch Gable Roof Help

Chopsaw

I would like to have an open soffit at the eave with exposed rafters but a fascia and soffit in the gabble area.  It seems the chief has something against this condition?  What do you do?  Manual ceiling plane or polyline solid soffit?  Copy and edit a rafter for fascia?  Maybe there is an easier way.

Thanks Michael,  That sounds like the most practical direction.  Barge rafter was ok on this job just a little short, however not a single lookout auto framed.  Fortunately I am getting good at doing lookouts manually.  Also my first multi level truss system on this job. Possibly a video to come if I get it all working properly.

You can just turn off soffits for the roof planes and add a molding p- line for the soffits where ever you want them. Draw the molding you need in a section view, then apply it to the molding p-line. then draw the molding p-line in elevation view and adjust the height you need.

Thanks Perry for that option but I think the soffits are going to be tongue and groove v-joint so maybe Michael's polyline solids will be best this time but I suppose if I drew the whole profile it might save a label.   Wouldn't it be great to be able to control each edge of the roof plane independently.

40 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Thanks Perry for that option but I think the soffits are going to be tongue and groove v-joint so maybe Michael's polyline solids will be best this time but I suppose if I drew the whole profile it might save a label.   Wouldn't it be great to be able to control each edge of the roof plane independently.

yes, it would be nice and needed desperately.