Align with wall above centering rather than aligning

CRHDesign

In Fig. 1, the foundation wall is properly aligned with the 1st floor wall; however, the "Align with wall above" tool still shows up. When I press it, the foundation wall then centers on the 1st floor wall (or vice versa if I play with the 1st floor wall instead of the foundation wall). 

Fig 3 shows the wall that is doing this. The problem extends to all the foundation walls that are inside the house, but not the exterior foundation walls. 

Can anybody enlighten me why this isn't working the same as the exterior walls?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I'm curious too, Solver. Is it because the default for the foundation wall is to automatically center under the wall? So in order to get the foundation wall to align with the wall above, he would have to set his foundation to align with a particular surface of the wall above he would have to open the foundation dbx and set it there?

That behavior is Chief trying to help you.

Turn auto foundation on.

Try changing your Garage to a different internal room type (like Living).

With the reference set turned on, you can see how the foundation wall moves in relation to the wall above.

Chief will build the foundation wall between a garage and a normal room so that the foundation wall does not intrude into the garage - which is normally at a lower level than the main floor.  

Chief treats the wall between the garage and a normal room as an external wall and builds the foundation to align with the outer layer (garage side) of the wall.

Okay, here is the plan file, with the problem area highlighted in red. 

The walls all have the main layers correct in their wall definition. Changing the room out of Garage to Living didn't seem to change anything.

Auto foundation will correctly set the walls. 

Is this a bug? It's not expected behaviour of the tool in my experience. I can't find anything from the problem that relates to the wall definiton or changing the tool's behaviour either. 

Aligning wall problem.plan