CAD details from view changing line weights

capitaldesigns

I'm using X-9. I used the CAD detail from view on one of my elevations. All of the lines were converted to one line type and one line weight.  The line weight on the

elevation went from .18 to .35. In the CAD detail they were all changed to .02. Text, dimensions and lines with arrows all retained their original line weights. All other

lines such as wall, windows, roof, posts and patio rafters were changed to a .02 line weight and given the layer name "CAD, Default Lines".

Shouldn't all lines retain their original layer names and line weights ? If not, this is a fairly useless command. I do not want to spend a lot of times working on a detail

or elevations then using the CAD detail from view command to have all of the layer names changed to "CAD, Default Lines" and all the line weight changed to .02.

I have a call in to tech. support on this issue. They are suppose to call be back. I have not heard back from them yet. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct

this ?

Thanks,

Mike

I Have a problem with X-9. My computer I have CA on it is not hooked up to my plotter. I have an older computer that is hooked up to the plotter.

This computer is not hooked up to the internet. I want to protect this computer from getting any viruses. This is the computer I have AutoCAD on.

About 80% of my work I do in AutoCAD.

The problem is that when I print in CA, I print as a PDF then take it to the other computer for printing. This worked great until I upgraded to X-9.

When I call up the plan in adobe the background of the camera views are all dark black. They use to have a white background like the floor plans I sent

to layout. So this is no good.

If I use the make CAD detail from view then send it to layout, open it on the other computer with Adobe I do not get the dark solid black background.

If I want to plot directly from the computer with CA on it, I was told that I might need to purchase a newer plotter. My plotter is an HP Designjet 750C Plus. I was told

that it would be difficult to find a driver for Windows 7 for my plotter.

I really do not want to spend another few thousand dollars on a new plotter when the plotter I have is in good shape.

So I am left with sending the camera views as a CAD detail at the moment. Now I just need to find a way to have the line weights stay the same.

Thanks,

Mike

58 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

If I want to plot directly from the computer with CA on it, I was told that I might need to purchase a newer plotter. My plotter is an HP Designjet 750C Plus. I was told

that it would be difficult to find a driver for Windows 7 for my plotter.

I was running that same plotter on Windows 7 till I got rid of it.  I just used the 64 bit Windows XP driver.  I was also using a Jet Direct print card though and had the plotter set up as a network printer.  I think that setup may have changed the driver requirements a bit. 

Is the Jet Direct printer card specifically for HP plotters ? It looks like the jet direct is an Ethernet card. It looks like there is already an Ethernet card in my plotter. I never used it.

My plotter is using the parallel port.

If I need to get the Jet Direct card, do you know which model I should get ?

Thanks,

Mike 

Yes. The Jet Direct card was an ethernet card. I hooked the plotter up through my router.  I would just try using the existing ethernet card first and see if you can get that to work. I do remember that we  couldn't find Windows 7 drivers for either the printer or the Jet Direct card.  It was the 64 bit XP driver that did the trick and as I recall the only way we were able to get it to work was to set it up as a network printer through the Jet Direct print server.   By the way, I'm relatively certain I had it working in Windows 8 like that as well. 

Mike, there are other posts on this subject; may have been in the older forum though. I was one who had this problem with the same plotter when I went to Win 7 Pro and Chief X5? I think. My desktop uses Win 7 Pro; it will not communicate with the plotter successfully. It sends the print job to the print cue but doesn't release it to the plotter. I am using the XP 64-bit driver Michael suggested. I connect with a USB to parallel adapter. My laptop uses Win 7 Home Edition; it works just fine with same driver and same cable. Long story short, I use the laptop as my print server connected to my in-house wifi and send the PDF layouts to it - problem solved until I get a newer plotter some day. BTW, I am now on a used 755 CM I recently purchased when my 750 died. It still works.