Chimney - How?

SNestor

1 minute ago, DzinEye said:

I've used the balloon through checkbox many a time for different walls before but I guess it didn't come to me as it seems counter-intuitive to go out of the way to build the chase with a floor platform and then tell it to ignore the platform and balloon frame it. 

With an Open Below room there is no floor platform.  You should see in my example plan above that if you turn Auto Framing on, all the exterior chase walls automatically balloon frame anyway.  Its only the partition wall between the house and chase that needs to be specified as balloon framed.

1 minute ago, Alaskan_Son said:

With an Open Below room there is no floor platform.  You should see in my example plan above that if you turn Auto Framing on, all the exterior chase walls automatically balloon frame anyway.  Its only the partition wall between the house and chase that needs to be specified as balloon framed.

oh yeah... I know that it doesn't build the platform with open below, I was simply referring to why it didn't come to me to do it this way... the mindset of first having to create the floor for it but then basically undo the platform using open below and balloon frame options.       

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

oh yeah... I know that it doesn't build the platform with open below, I was simply referring to why it didn't come to me to do it this way... the mindset of first having to create the floor for it but then basically undo the platform using open below and balloon frame options.       

Ah, I see.