Realistic roofing materials

It appears the Owens Corning roof libraries are using a copy of the jpg as a bump? 

The only asphalt roofing in the core is 3 tab shingles.

The architectural look is the norm around here.

It is definitely an improvement. testing in X9.

owenscorning material dbx.JPG

material-test-roofing-2.jpg

On 2/3/2017 at 0:46 PM, DRAWZILLA said:

Does anyone know where they keep those normal and bump maps at.

I have wondered about bump maps and normal maps myself.  Do all the materials have them or just some?  Does a person have to create them or are they already tied to the appropriate materials that have them?  I was probably under the wrong impression that CA was redoing a bunch of their materials to include both bump and normal maps.  I need to find some information on bump and normal maps and educate myself on what they are and how they work.  I guess I am confused because now a texture has the Texture Source, option to use Bump Map and specify source of bump map and option to use Normal Map and specify source of normal map.  I am going to check CA's web site for more info on these normal and bump maps.

• 4 weeks later...

Lance,

I haven't checked EVERY material in X9 but a vast majority of them have bumps or normals.  There doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason on which one they use.

What I did was created a normal off of the texture.  From there I would create the material in Chief, and then export that particular material.  I would then delete it out of my library and then re-import the material.  What this does is puts everything in the default location that Chief uses, so that my other users can have the same materials without having to have access to those particular texture/normal maps.

Don't know if any of that helps or not.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherfox
    Newest Member
    heatherfox

• By IvanCyr
      Showcasing a space can sometimes best be accomplished by showcasing the entire area within an integrated 360 Tour.  Video is great for clips, generating interest, investment, and capital campaigns but it drives a user on a set path on a set time frame.  Try a 360 Tour!  Your users can take all the time they need and really get a feel of a space.  Please see one posted at the link below:

360 Tour

Tours can be generated easily and quickly.  All we need from you is the 2D or 3D floor plan(s) you wish to use, and the spherical images you wish to upload.  A company logo, text, and even video can be set into the tour as well.  Tours run off our own server and will be active for 18 months upon payment.  Very competitive pricing and updates are fast and easy providing the images are resent using the same file names.

For more information email ivancyr@inteck3d.com.

Ivan Cyr
    • By TeamVilla
      Are there cloud services that work together with a software like autocad? I'm searching for a service where I can subscribe to store data (projects) in autocad (or similar), so other professionals can work on the same project via the cloud and the employer can see the progress.
    • By briang372003
      North Texas Design Solutions is a leader in providing custom residential home plans, offering a wide variety of designs that are construction-ready and that cater to a vast array of differing styles. Any of our in-house plans can be modified to meet your needs, or a new custom plan can be created from scratch. Our professional knowledge and experience, paired with your passion and specific needs, enables us to provide you with a home design that will leave you completely satisfied. This is why we say. “Where your ideas become your dream home”

Some of the services we provide:
      3D Rendering, Architectural Design, Architectural Drawings, Barn Design & Construction, Building Design, Custom Homes, Drafting, Floor Plans, Guesthouse Design & Construction, Handicap-Accessible Design, Home Additions, Home Extensions, Home Remodeling, House Plans, New Home Construction, Pool House Design & Construction, Project Management, Site Planning, Tiny House Construction

• By sphome
      any body here work with chief architect and lumion rendering ,,,

this is my simple sample - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sp+home+creation
    • By 23252325
      i have a problem After completing the project and lighting
      when starting ray trace. Stay in the starting ray trace when compute caustics is active.
      Sometimes this takes up to 10 minutes and then rendering begins.
      but this was not the case before
      I really need this mode(compute caustics)
      Chief Architect X12