Sign in to follow this  
Lynsey_FP

Updating Layouts

I have made changes to an elevation and the message pops up asking me to update my layout when I exit. I click yes because I want to see how the layout works with some of my material regions. My question is, is there a way to update the elevation so it makes changes to the layout without having to exit out and reopen the layout? 

You could set your layout box to live view and update always. You could always revert back to plot lines once you have what you want. Live view uses more computer resources.

Layout.png

Lynsey:

do you have Chief or one of the HD products ?

If HD then try the Hometalk forum

Lew

1 minute ago, lbuttery said:

Lynsey:

do you have Chief or one of the HD products ?

If HD then try the Hometalk forum

Lew

Chief Architect Premier X7

1 minute ago, evergreen said:

yeah, unfortunately you missed that option by one version:mellow:

So it is an option but only for X8? 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    B1k3rm4n
    Newest Member
    B1k3rm4n

• By wjmdes
      Most of my layout sheets have general notes such as SEE SHEET A7.1 FOR SCHEDULES.  On occasion, depending on the project, the sheet with schedules may change to A6.1.  Is there a way to reference a specific sheets label so if that changes it will change in the note and not have to do it manually?  I do not think there is, but trying to reduce some of the things I miss when doing a final review.

• By JanHalter
      I have tried changing my elevation views to live view on demand and it appears fuzzy and does not print correctly, however all brackets appear on the elevations.  If I change them all to plot line view only 2 of the 4 will display brackets...what gives?  If I refresh all, it switches from one set of 2 to the other set. So odd.  I've only been working in chief for 5 days, so surely it's something I'm doing wrong?
      Please help!
      Janea
      Rafter P Drafting Millwork.layout
    • By Southcoast247
      We are a Kitchen & Bath Dealer in Carver, Ma looking for someone to come train our designer onsite to use CA. We have a training room w/ projector. We only have our 1 license for Premiere. Presenters that have 2020 expr is a huge plus. Not so much looking to get out of the training deigning of K&B's, but we are looking to focus on the K&B Presentations and using the program for K&B.

Looking to get out of the training;

Better ease while working on floorplans
      Any Timesaving tips 
      ease of use w/ elevations
      Showing dimensions that are pertinent
      Electrical/lighting plans
      Tile plans
      Plumbing plans
      Layout/Templates
      Cabinetry tips and tricks
      Any remodeling tips and tricks
      As-Built plans / Old floor plan to new floorplan
      Rendering tips and tricks 

Looking for onsite training probably 1 day session to start preferably during the week, 6 - 8 hours then more as needed in the following weeks after first session. Please email Paul@southcoastkitchens.com w/ quotes a little about your exp. w/ CA and availability. We will provide lunch. 
    • By Southcoast247
      New to CA, scope of work is typically kitchens, but steadily growing and starting to offer more services then just cabinetry.  Many years of 2020 experience so I am looking to see how others are putting together layouts for their clients/installers and utilize the layout/template tools since I'm not fully aware of what can be done with the program. Currently am printing on 11x17 but am definitely open to going to 18x24. Please feel free to showcase anything and everything will be helpful I'm always looking for new ways to make things easier.  TIA!
    • By basilbabaa
      Anyone used scaling with X10 yet?

in X9 I used to be able to send to layout as "no scale/scale to fit" and grab a corner of an object on a layout to click and drag to change the scale of the object.
      Now, grabbing corner handles reshapes the object on the layout page, which is a nice add, but I would still like to be able to drag the scale of an object on a layout page.

Anyone know if there Is any way to still click and drag to dynamically scale objects on a layout?