Window/Door Schedule Txt

johnny

Can I adjust the text formatting in Window/Door schedules?  Say I want to place a space in the reporting for header sizes so that it doesn't look like: 5 1/2X7 1/2X52 1/2", but rather 5 1/2 X 7 1/2 X 52 1/2".  Also, if I set a Glu-lam the sizes only show as nominal and around here we typically show actual sizes.  I see I can set to "engineered lumber" to get actual size, but is there a way to get Glu-Lam to show actual?

Yep.  Definitely doable.  Would require some custom macros to set up though and some thought given as to the best way to make it work for your particular desired output.  Quick answer though is that there isn't anything you can quickly and easily change without using Ruby and text macros.

4 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

No, that's not what I was suggesting.  It's much easier than that.  Also, I don't agree with Michael that it would require custom user macros.

If you're referring to manually entering "static" data into those fields then yes...of course we can do that.  I guess I was assuming automation was the desired end product and that Johnny would have already realized he can enter data manually.  I guess I could be assuming incorrectly though.  There are only 3 ways I know of to get window header information into the schedule and PLEASE correct me if you think I'm wrong...

1.  Enter "dumb" data manually for every window using one of the aforementioned fields or by adding a sub component.

2.  Use the provided header column in the schedule.

3.  Fairly complex ustom user macros.

If you know of a 4th method I'd be very interested to hear what it is.