Can't Solve Floor Level Problem

HumbleChief

Wow. I've been working on this for a very long time this morning and for some reason the ceiling height in the main living area shows up about 5 - 6" higher than the second floor floor above in camera view.

The ceiling height is set to 97" but in section and camera view it shows up higher than that and the floor above shows as if it's dropping down.

I solved it once by replacing the second floor but when I re-opened the file the problem returned.

Here's a back clipped cross section showing the higher ceiling, even thought the room dbx show a lower ceiling.

post-302-0-75610000-1402429288_thumb.png

and the dbx showing the setting

post-302-0-44146800-1402429403_thumb.png

Camera view showing the 2 levels.

post-302-0-09834400-1402429567_thumb.png

plan here

FLOOR PROBLEM ZIP.zip

As always Scott thanks for taking a look. Did it look wrong when you first opened the plan? I REALLY need to know as I think I've snapped.

Just now I opened the dbx closed it and it looks fine. Weird is right. Worked on that for hours. Replaced the second floor problem disappeared. Re-opened plan problem re-appeared.

I'm sending the file to an associate that knows very little about Chief. Hope it doesn't act up during his presentation.

Thanks again.

Thanks Jim,

I changed the deck default height before and it still seemed to switch back and forth between being OK and not so OK.

Could you please tell me if it looked funky when you first opened the plan? It seems like a couple of things 'fix' it but mostly just opening the plan seems to cure it.

Larry,

None of that worked for me.. The plan looked exactly per your images in post #1.

In X6, when I changed the cl'g hgt of deck, Chief immediately fixed it.

In X5, I had to manually delete the cl'g framing & lose room definition in those 2 rooms before chief got it right.

There is definitely something "goofy" w/ the plan though. It was more evident in X5 than X6.