Screened porch doors: How do you do them?

GeneDavis

I am happy to use out-of-the-box Chief to do the walls of screened porches, doing them as railing walls, post to beam, adjusting the specs so I get the middle and shoe rails as I want.  One can use the post spacing to get the bay sizes one needs.

It would be nice if Chief allowed a way to do a screened porch door in a chosen bay, the door going between posts without a door frame, the door auto-sized by width to fit the bay.  

I draw the doors using CAD in plan view to show their location and swing, and use CAD in elevation to patch one into the chosen bay or bays.  My doors do not appear in the door schedule, and I have a CAD detail in my library that I use in con docs to show door construction.

How do you do a screened porch door?  Mine are simple stile and rail affairs, one middle rail, all parts 1" x 3-1/4" with a 1" x 6-1/2" bottom rail.

20 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Hey Michael , you sure represent Alaska well, with the beard. No freezing your face off for you. Finally good to see you.

Thanks Perry, I thought it was probably about time.  I realized that it felt a lot better seeing the faces of people we're dealing with.  And I'm not certain how much difference the beard makes with the cold.  I don't know, it might do a little.  Probably more for wind than anything else.  Yesterday I was working out in below zero weather and I had icicles hanging from my face...not kidding.  It gets bad sometimes because my breath will freeze onto it and then it looks like I have big honkin' boogercicles.  Anyway, I walked into the client's house yesterday (we know the family really well) and Anne had to tell one of her sons..."You can say hi, you don't have to just stare at his beard."