Sign in to follow this  
SNestor

Can't Get Sun Angle

Wondering why I can't get the sun angle to show up on this plan?  The layer is "on", the north pointer and the sun angle are displayed.  This has happened on a couple of plans recently...so, either there is a glitch or I'm not doing something correctly.  Thanks.

Plan attached

7050_Plan.plan

Your toggle shadows is off. You need to click on that "adjust sunlight" drop down button  and select toggle shadows. Now you will be able to adjust. Uncheck sun follows camera, and try changing tilt angle and direction angle.

Steve,

I assume you are talking about the shadow in plan view.

If you open the Sun Angle Specification dbx you will notice that the Solar Altitude is -10.4°.

This means that at 9am at that location, it is before sunrise - and guess what....no shadows before sunrise.

You need to change some of your time/date/location settings so that it is during sunlight hours before Chief will generate the shadow. 

It looks like the sun doesn't rise until between 10am and 10:15 am at that time and location.

Don't forget to click "Make Shadow"

3 hours ago, glennw said:

Steve,

I assume you are talking about the shadow in plan view.

If you open the Sun Angle Specification dbx you will notice that the Solar Altitude is -10.4°.

This means that at 9am at that location, it is before sunrise - and guess what....no shadows before sunrise.

You need to change some of your time/date/location settings so that it is during sunlight hours before Chief will generate the shadow. 

It looks like the sun doesn't rise until between 10am and 10:15 am at that time and location.

Don't forget to click "Make Shadow"

Glenn - thanks, that was it.  Not sure how I got those coordinates...but, once I inputted the correct location...well, it worked.  Garbage in...garbage out.  

Thanks for the help!