coltonbroadbent

Black Spots In My Ray Trace

I have been using chief architect for months now, and recently there have been black spots when I ray trace on my current plan. Here is a picture of it, does anyone know how to fix it? It is still this way after 22 passes.

post-14082-0-35967000-1477087506_thumb.jpg

Off the top of my head: 1) graphics card issue (driver or the card itself)
​2) Photonmapping is off, or material definitions are wrong?

In my experience, inadequate lighting is often to blame. Have you included additional light sources?

From looking at your example, I don't see any black dots.

Have you tried raytracing to a file instead of to the screen? That may help diagnose whether it's a graphic card / display driver issue.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mableandpearl
    Newest Member
    Mableandpearl

• By marie-eve
      I have a MacBook Pro but can’t use my ex10 version on it it crash all the time, I would like to buy a new laptop for version x12 any suggestion for a long road ?
      I know the MacBook Pro next generation will be out of only next year... 
    • By KDsnyder
      The following text is from a posted that has since been marked solved. The solution on that thread is about 3 years old and required a RAM drive using a third party download. As the issue I'm having is new after I've changed settings and only on this one file and my I'm curious if there is a different solution.

[copied text from "SOLVED" post] I'm currently experiencing really long lag times every time I move a wall or other object. Interestingly though I've noticed that bumping a cabinet doesn't produce the same lag time (it's almost instant) UNTIL it meets another object like an adjoining cabinet. I tested this by pulling the cabinet out into the room which resulted in a lag, then when it was in the room I was able to modify the cabinet by bumping stretching deleting and replacing like normal. Upon pushing that cabinet back to its position next to the other resulted in the same lag. Also, I am able to modify upper cabinets fine while they are touching other upper cabinets however I did notice that when I UNDO a function I also get a lag. This makes me wonder if the lag is due to the computer recognizing that the elevations and 3D views now need to reconstruct that joint whereas before the objects were just moving within the space. I'm getting about 60-80sec lag times which is absolutely insane. I haven't experienced this issue on other plans so it's very strange and makes me think I adjusted a setting somewhere that is causing this. The file size is 6.7MB

Thanks for any insight you may have on this. If it is helpful I can record a screen video just trying to figure out what might be the most helpful information to record.
    • By pgjacob
      HI All
      I am ray tracing a scene with a 3D plant (from sketchup) and the shadows are showing squares rather than the actual shadow of the plant (1 pass image shown below).  I have purposely moved the sun around to cast shadows to the back of the image as I have found manually manipulating the sun gives much better RTs than using natural sun angles (at least for me).  I attach the skp file and what the plant looks like in the object info window of CA.  Any ideas how to get rid of this square shadow?  I uncheck the ray casted shadows in camera tool pre-ray trace, and it looks better but still ray traces with the square shadow.
      Thanks in advance,
      melissa

Blue Flax Lily.skp
    • By kingsgate
      Hello,

I have the HTC vive, steam set up and am able to tour my projects, but it renders with weird flashes of black, sometimes a rainbow effect, usually fairly blurry. I have all lights, shadows and reflections turned off. Any suggetions on how to fix this? 

• By dhurst
      All of sudden, after working for a couple of hours, I am getting the "blue spiral of death" every time that I try to alter an object of 3d images.  It takes at least three minutes to open the file.  I was working from our terminal server, but have moved to my desktop and I am still getting the same results.  Any suggestions?

I would like to send you