Stairwell update

DBearss

I have created a simple straight stair and a stairwell opening. I needed to move the stair and the stairwell did not update. I selected the stair and then Edit>Auto Stairweel but there is a little wall created in the stairwell opening. Do I need to delete the stairwell before updating?

post-11414-0-99706100-1475169276_thumb.png

post-11414-0-99630600-1475169310_thumb.png

simple answer yes, Chief won't put a stairwell over an existing stairwell

This is not true.  See pic,  both of those stairwells are on level 1.  Note you can define the top and bottom of each staircase via DBX.  

Now,  there is a limitation.  In my case I would of created a LANDING for the top landing of the bottom set of stairs.

Ray,  I think it would be more accurate to say you cannot have two stacked floors on the same level .

I  know,  getting a bit anal.......  but something  that should be understood.

post-50-0-41073400-1475171045_thumb.png

Scott I was thing that he had drawn a set of stairs then used the make stairwell opening tool once that was done he moved the stairs to a different position and wanted the new stairwell open to update automatic the original stairwell opening, yes we can have to stairs on one floor I just don't think they and be in each others zone and again I could be wrong