Changing floor finish material on deck?

hanish

I'm working with the Home Designer Suite.  Made a nice deck but now want to change the floor finish material and it is not letting me select anything but the default of Golden - Oak Plank.  More accurately, it lets me select other finishes, but when I click OK it always reverts back to Golden - Oak Plank.  Is this an error or is there some setting I am missing.  I have no trouble changing the other materials in the deck or otherwise, just for some reason the floor finish on a deck room. 

Thanks!

The forum for Home Designer Users is : https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/, this forum is for Chief Premier Users only.

Any changes to the deck material should be made through its Room Specification Dialog - Structure Tab - Floor Finish box, using the eye- dropper or Material Spray Can can just waste time if you intend to be precise.

DJP

This really should be posted in General Q&A on Home Talk but it is interesting that the same issue exists in X8.  

David,  you Jumped me as I was trying to figure out why this does not work even in X8 as you have discribed.    The decking seems to be defaulted to be under "Planks, Joists (L):" in the Room Specification DBX under the Structure tab. 

But will not change the material in a 3D view,  so what are we missing?  It must be something simple.

Unless someone has an easy answer for this I would go ahead and use the Material Painter for now and send a report to tech Monday.

Can you clarify what your problem is and maybe attach a quick sample plan?  I don't have any problem changing decking material either through the DBX or with the material painter...both work equally well and without problem.

You can change the default decking material at Defaults...Rooms...Deck Room...Structure panel...Floor...Planks, Joists.

Don't forget that if you have actually built a deck with auto deck framing, the deck planks are individual framing members, not just a material applied to a surface.

So it makes a difference if you have auto deck framing toggled on.

The material painter will only do 1 deck plank at a time - very slow going.

Don't forget that if you have actually built a deck with auto deck framing, the deck planks are individual framing members, not just a material applied to a surface.

So it makes a difference if you have auto deck framing toggled on.

The material painter will only do 1 deck plank at a time - very slow going.

...unless you use it in Room Mode...

post-46-0-26813000-1474160085_thumb.jpg