hearneethan

x8 overview

I found out that chief architect is th best home design software there is. What is the difference between x8 and x7. I build a house on the software and cant make the landscape look real and add a beach view please help

There are no significant landscape improvements from X7 to X8. In my opinion complex landscapes are very difficult to create using Chief's tools.

Post some screen shots of what you have so far and maybe someone will have a few suggestions or pointers for you.  It is mostly a matter of getting the contours correct and applying high quality materials to the surfaces.

I disagree with Robert on Chief being difficult for complex topography, The feature was added in Version 7 and has not changed much since then. It is a matter of learning to make a change with elevation objects and then evaluating that change before moving on to the next change. 

I have found that importing topography from surveyors or other software tends to create an unmanageable product, too complex for most personal computers to parse per second, so I try to keep mine as simple as possible using manually the tools at hand. I import a graphic topo and then trace over it, checking each change I make as I make it in camera views. 

DJP