Roof to wall intersection problem

Stuckit

Im using Premier X8 and I am completely new to this program. I just cant seem to solve this issue. I want the roof to end at the wall, not go thru it. Except the slight overhang on either side. The wall is supposed to continue to the floor separating the two spaces. I've closed the wall in some instances and the roof sticks thru the wall into the room.

I'm plowing thru tutorials until my head spins. I've tried every variation I can think of in the various windows, but I'm not having any luck..

post-13683-0-17595000-1473117903_thumb.jpg

If I move the roof plane away from the wall I lose the overhangs I want. I attached a pic of the front side that looks correct, but the roof still goes thru to the pic of the backside.

I'm having issues uploading the plan to my reply in both advanced and basic uploaderpost-13683-0-10545800-1473122575_thumb.jpg.

Do as BrownTiger said. Once you are in the Roof Plan Set you can select the roof plane. With it selected, hit the number 3 key and move the cursor to where the outside wall layer and the roof plane intersect and click (if you have edit snaps on it should highlight the intersection) - this will insert a "break" in the roof plane. Go to the other side wall and do the same thing. That edge of your roof is now divided into 3-lengths. Move your cursor to the center length and grab the small square (may be large or smaller); move that edge to the outside wall layer of the upper wall. Then do the same thing on the two small overhang sections. Move them whatever distance you wish the wrap to be. If you watch some videos on editing roof planes it will be much clearer. Can be done much faster than this dissertation.

Mike

• Upvote 1