Creating and defining Ceiling Plane

dnpayne

I have an open floorplan and my kitchen leads into a breakfast area. I want to define a specific material only over the kitchen. Currently, the ceiling plane is across the whole open area. 

I have tried creating a polyline and converting it, but I can only seem to get it to work for flooring. How would I apply that to a ceiling plane? I tried copying the floor plane and raising the height to match the ceiling but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

If you have moved the ceiling plane object to match the ceiling height it will be buried in the ceiling plane. Cheat the ceiling plane an inch higher and then your slab, solid ceiling object should appear. Then you will need to make another for the rest of the room.

You could also define the rooms as separate with an invisible wall.

Posting the plan does help in recommending out the best solution (and not ruining Scott's golf game for the first 2 holes as the steam clears from his eyes).

Use a Room Divider wall to separate the kitchen off and then assign the ceiling finish in the kitchen room's dbx at Structure panel...Ceiling...Ceiling Finish. 

I would also use the Floor Finish there as well, instead of the Material Region.

I would usually only use a Material Region when it covers only part of a room, like a tile inlay, etc.  

• Upvote 1