crashed wondered where or if saved

foxriver32

I started a new project with x8, it was a small project but I was moving along testing out the new features.

My computer puked, and crashed. I never named or saved the project. I was under the impression that it would be autosaved.

Is there any temporary storage for the file when a computer crashes.?

Is there any way for me to recover my project?

Thanks

Scott

maybe, look in the archives folder

as a 30+ year systems/analyst/programmer I prefer to do my own "save as"

as often as every few minutes when designing

I don't use/rely on chief's archive system as I prefer my own

Lew

I started a new project with x8, it was a small project but I was moving along testing out the new features.

My computer puked, and crashed. I never named or saved the project. I was under the impression that it would be autosaved.

Is there any temporary storage for the file when a computer crashes.?

Is there any way for me to recover my project?

Thanks

Scott

Unfortunately if you never saved/named the file I don't believe any auto save/backup will be initiated.

Yes, I usually do a manual save and often, however I was playing around with my new version ...x8 and was drawing a free standing deck with roof over it. I was surprised that it was working out and I never even gave it a file name.

compuer crashed, lost the whole project. and as Alaskan_Son says, untitled plans are not autosaved! Would be nice if the did for dummies like me :)

Thanks for your help

Scott

I would check your X8 data> Archives just in case because I just checked mine expecting not to see any Untitled files but there was one (Untitled 2_auto_save_bak.plan) so there might still be a chance to find it. Not sure what the factors are but there were 44 min. logged on my file. Also searched Untitled in File Explorer and found some more.

Good idea Chopsaw, I checked archives already ....nothing.

But I did a search for "untitled" and found a .plan with the date and appropiate time ....unfortunately the file was corrupted and didn't show anything.

Thanks for the suggestions though!