Cupola

CGC_LLC

I needed to quickly place one on an as-built recently and rather than fuss

with additional floor, I made a simple one, changed it to a symbol in library, and

just set it up on the roof.

I deleted the surfaces on one side so you can see the main roof is inside, as it would

likely be framed anyway.

post-138-0-71134100-1469040867_thumb.jpg

As with a lot of things in Chief there is more  than one way to arrive at a result. another way is to create a blank floor above the top floor. Then draw four walls of the intended cupola, define its floor height and ceiling height, draw its roof planes and install vents or windows, this method also works.

DJP

Not sure where you want the cupola, but one option is to go to the Attic level and draw cupola walls. Then go to the Second Floor, turn on the Reference Display to see the cupola walls, and break the roof planes and move them back to the edges of the cupola walls. Then go back to the Attic level and draw the cupola roof. You can also create a Ceiling Hole on the second floor if the cupola is for daylighting.

post-95-0-61474200-1469042792_thumb.pngpost-95-0-76739500-1469042800_thumb.pngpost-95-0-03288000-1469042809_thumb.png

• Upvote 1