Layout Template link to Plan Template

SNestor

I would like my "layout template" to be linked to my plan template...I think...so, that I have layout views saved in the template from the plan.  I'm wondering how to accomplish this.  At this point I do prefer to use templates as opposed to the SAM method.  I don't have a good reason except that I like starting from scratch with a clean plan.  My feelings on this may change over time but for now...that is how I am working.

So...I have a template plan and I have a template layout.  In my plan I have (4) elevation camera's saved.  I want to send these views to my template plan.  I know how to do that...but, when I create a new plan using my Plan Template...and a new Layout (from template) the views are gone (no longer linked).

So...what am I doing wrong.  

Thanks!

You have to send those camera views to the layout then save both prior to shut down

So...open both templates. Send views to the layout template. Then save and close both templates?

Then...do I just select "new plan"...and the views in this new plan will show up automatically in the new layout...I don't need to do anything else?

This is what you do...... I assume your template plan is already in template layout.

Open template layout. Do a save as. Now open plan file that is in new template. Do a save as of that plan file.

Now relink new plan to new layout.

Easy Peasy.

Well...something happened and i posted this topic twice. Sorry about that.

I figured out why things were not sticking. The default layout set in preferences was not the layout i had linked to my plan template. I corrected this and amazingly the problem was fixed. User error....typical.

Thanks for all your help...much appreciated.