How to get window to span wall intersection

BenPalmer

The problem is a wall on a different plane then the other and therefore an intersection.  Curved or not curved wall.  Much like a 45 degree wall meeting with it would naturally make an intersection and therefore couldn't span the gap with a window in the software or in real life.  However a curved wall in tangent with a straight should allow for this interaction.  I opened up Chief 9.5 and I was able to make it work with no problem using Ctrl to override.  But no such luck in X8 latest.

However, I don't see how making the radius bigger helped. that just makes the wall more flat and therefore a harder intersection to bridge.  Perhaps you are meaning to concentrically span things further making the tangent softer?  Either way, this is the radius and center of radius I need on a project I'm working on.

Thanks for taking a look at this.  I can think of a couple workarounds from using symbols to multiple walls, but would like to get it to work normally.

Keep the ideas coming.

Ben: Not so sure you will like this solution but this is how Chief suggests it can be done in CA training videos (#370 & #371)

Best of Luck, Chopsaw

Thanks for taking to the time to research and post, I'll take a look at that when I get a moment and report back.

Yep, 30 seconds into that video and knew where they were going.  I eluded to it in my previous post that I could workaround it with symbols, but was hoping to avoid this method.  I may even work around this with segmented walls on layers and CAD lines for representation etc. so that I can have them live.  Haven't decided yet.  Just surprising to me that we used to be able to do this in an older version of Chief, then lost it with newer versions.  Never understood loosing functionality with an 'upgrade'.  It's interesting that they had to dedicate a couple videos to this.  Tells me that it is requested enough that they had to address it.

In short for anyone reviewing this.  Currently this can not be done. I will add this lost feature to the suggestion section.

Thanks again Chopsaw.