Wall cabinet with 2-doors

SNestor

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

The attached wall cabinet shown is the default from the Cottage Plan Template.  

I'm wondering how you get two different doors on the wall cabinet?  I don't see anything in the cabinet DBX that allows you to select different doors.

post-227-0-43690700-1466013414_thumb.png

• Solution

At least a couple ways to do this...

1.  Open the cabinet, select the face item on your cabinet and then down where it says "Appliance/Door/Drawer" click on "Library" and select whatever door style you want.

2.  In an elevation view, simply select a door style from your library and click on the face item you want to change.  It works essentially just like the material painter. 

Note:  Option #2 will change all default door fronts at the same time, all default drawer fronts at the same time, or custom face items on an item by item basis.

At least a couple ways to do this...

1.  Open the cabinet, select the face item on your cabinet and then down where it says "Appliance/Door/Drawer" click on "Library" and select whatever door style you want.

2.  In an elevation view, simply select a door style from your library and click on the face item you want to change.  It works essentially just like the material painter. 

Note:  Option #2 will change all default door fronts at the same time, all default drawer fronts at the same time, or custom face items on an item by item basis.

Well...when you know what you are doing...things are simple.  Thanks...

That's the biggest challenge with Chief. It's a very, very powerful piece of software but it really takes time to discover what all of those tools and features are capable of doing. There's lots of examples in the reference manual, knowledge base and this forum. Even with all of these sources I strongly believe there is still a lot of functionality and techniques just waiting for someone to recognize them and how they could be used to get something done.

Graham

That's the biggest challenge with Chief. It's a very, very powerful piece of software but it really takes time to discover what all of those tools and features are capable of doing. There's lots of examples in the reference manual, knowledge base and this forum. Even with all of these sources I strongly believe there is still a lot of functionality and techniques just waiting for someone to recognize them and how they could be used to get something done.

Graham

This forum is incredibly valuable.  Not sure I could ever fully utilize the software without this forum.

This forum is incredibly valuable.  Not sure I could ever fully utilize the software without this forum.

Steve - You got that right! Fortunately for us there are some really great members that are more than willing to share their experiences and expertise. One thing to always remember is to post those pics and plans, you'll usually get the answer in very short order.

Graham