Here is a custom stair

Charlie

Michael,

All the trim was suppressed on the doors and replaced with 3D molding polylines. The lintels have the Windsor One moldings applied to them and another molding for the casing legs. That allows the lintel to extend over multiple doors and the stair opening.

Charlie

Charlie....Yes, nicely done. Over the years I've worked on and did design work for many homes of this design type/period. If I may, I would like to give some suggestions. I know you weren't looking for that, but sometimes it's the little things that put the "icing on the cake".   1. It's hard to tell for sure, but it looks like the base molding is thicker and extends out past the casing.   2. I've seen many houses of this period having the same type "first tread" as you show with one exception. The rounded ends on the first tread is not cut off, but are returned all the way around to the wall as a full half circle. To be honest, I'm not sure CA can do this with their first tread. I think you will need to use a landing for the first tread to accomplish this procedure.    3. The outside corner trim/door casing to the right and across from the bottom of the stairs should go all the why to the floor and the base should butt into it instead of the corner trim butting into the top of the base. Please understand, I think you did a great job. These are (fine tunning) items I know from experience and am just passing them on to make a "A" design an "A+". Have a great day and good luck with your design.  

Larry,

It does need some tweaking, but this was just a quick study - I did it in a hour.  That is a landing for the first tread.  CA will not do a round end stair on a stair that passes through a doorway. One nice thing about using the slabs and polylines for the casing is the flexibility to make those little tweaks. Way slower and we seldom detail out the trim, other than note to match existing  - the trim carpenters usually do a good job on the site.

Existing looks like this.

post-501-0-52361300-1400077638_thumb.jpg