Quoins Around Windows

English

Go to solution Solved by yusuf-333,

• Solution

Alan, open the trim tools and there is quoins there. Place and move and resize as needed. Only thing I see that might be problem is above window...they don't rotate. Maybe create symbol in library might solve that.

Nice suggestion, but I am reinforcing this concept.

Create a symbol following mejery's answer above, and add the symbol to library as a millwork.

Then go to window dbx and in the window treatments panel, there is an option to attach that symbol to your window.

And the merits of attaching the symbol to a window is that, once you set it up, it is part of that window, so you can easily copy, move and resize it easily. You can add to your library for future use. You can also apply it on a curved window in curved walls, since the program will automatically reshape it and adjusts the curvature. This area is really where I believe there has been a clever programmers in chief inc. If those guys are still there, they could have developed chief better in some parts that chief seems to have limits, for example stairs!! , unless they had their brains .....

Thanks Yusuf.  Do I create only one quoin or the whole side?  If the whole side will it automatically extend with the window size?

Alan

OK played with it a little and here is the test plan containing it. hope this will explain it well. And If you have any difficulties, plse feel free to ask .

Thanks

quoins.zip

post-2517-0-96869400-1462568300_thumb.jpg